Friday, December 10, 2010

This blog is dedicated to Jake Straughter... a beautiful life taken too soon. NOT ANOTHER MOMENT LOST TO SEIZURES!



This is Jakeys blog. His amazing, strong, beautiful mother Heather started this blog for him not too long ago. They are inspiration for me. The strength, resolve, love, patience, ability to still smile in spite of it all... it is what keeps me going. I have been on the Stroll Committee with Heather the last two years, and I consider a kindred friend. Seizure mom. And Jake. Sweet Jake. I am so thankful that you were a part of our lives, and that life allowed me to meet your amazing mom. She loves you so much. And I know how much you love her, and your family. I told Charli Thursday that she has a new angel in heaven watching over her. Listen for us.. RIP Jake


I don't really know what if anything is in my head right now. My heart is broken. The ability to form a thought or sentence seems to have left me. So I guess right now, I'll say this. My heart is broken. Reading Heathers last post to Jake.... I think I just went numb. Nothing you can say, nothing you can do will make this better. There is no making this better. They just lost their CHILD. As friends, and co seizure moms...what do we do. We sit back and we mourn this tragic loss. We figure out who to help a friend who is going to need support. I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. Nobody should have to go through this. No parent should EVER have to bury a child. The many ways of how wrong it is don't seem strong enough to point out the fact that children aren't supposed to get sick. Children don't leave. They get bigger, and different tx options, and they live. I want that for him. I know it's not possible, but I wish it was.

Jake gone too soon..... <3

No comments: