Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dr Asano just stopped in, surgery is almost over, no major complications... we saw a picture he took of the hemisphere... Amazing. The whole middle area was missing. Dr Sood should be down about 430 to talk with us. Not sure if she needed a transfusion or not. And I had an amazing wonderful surprise! A lab mom who was in Detroit popped in to see us! My mom and I were blown away... She brought flowers ad yummy Italian pastries. Saratoga Hospital Lab you guys are the best!!! Xozoxox. Everyone just went to grab lunch... I'm kind of hanging by myself still trying to absorb. We probably won't get to see her til 630 or 7 when she gets to ICU. It's almost over (this part at least) I can't believe how fast it's actually gone by. I can't believe it's almost 4. I can't believe I just saw my childs brain. But I had to. I had to see for myself. Something that will never leave my memory.... But I'll never forget how that impacted the last year and a half. It's amazing how fast the day has gone. I was so worried about what I would do, how would I be during the wait.. but aside from some occasional tears ( and LOTS when I kisses her goodbye and watches as Larry carried her in back). I'm ok. Maybe cuz I'm
in denial, or compartmentalizing like usual.. or maybe it's the complete faith I have in her drs... But I'm ok. I'm sure when I see her poor swollen face I'll lose it.. But right now I'm ok. And ok isn't bad. I'm ok with ok.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

You may just be okay. It's great if you are. I was surprisingly held together the day of surgery. Glad it went well and that you'll get to see her soon. Let the recovery begin.

angelrae said...

thinking of u and your little monkey.. hugs and kisses!! love Stacy and James

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

I also was very composed. And I also was surprised at how quickly the day went. I kept myself preoccupied with the internet. It is great to read there was no major complications and I can't wait for you to see your baby girl again.

MJStump said...

i saw a message from a couple IS mommies, and wanted to let you know that i am tuning and to see how your little princess is doing.

we did not go down the same path, but i can only imagine that something like this almost seems surreal and it is hard to grasp what is really happening. i think that it is our mind's way to help us get through it all, so we can stay strong for the days to come.

sending hugs and prayers to you all:)

Adesta said...

Linked over from Elaine's blog.

Praying that your little one is doing well.

Wendi Taylor said...

I hope all is well with her today. I'm sure you are spending time with her and trying to catch some rest after the long day you had yesterday. Know that there are lots of us praying for your little one!